Cannot access Yahoo and MSN messenger

xBrandoNx 11:37 01 Apr 05

Hi all

I have just built my own system with AMD Athlon 64 and XP Home service pack 2. Although I can access the internet and browse freely, I am not able at all to access Yahoo messenger or MSN messenger. I am also unable to dowload udates for AVG, Spybot, Ad-Aware and lots of other software....

Plz help and thanx for ur time..

Sam

bof:) 11:55 01 Apr 05

Hi xBrandoNx, when you try to access these sites, what messages do you get back on your screen?

What browser are you using and have you checked your security settings are not set too high?

Also if you cannot get updates, have you done an AVG virus scan since you got onto the net? If not do one and check for any spyware if you can.

Have you also checked that your firewall, either the one that comes with XP or one use use yourself (dont run both together) is not stopping you access these sites?

Also go to

click here

and try running their free virus scan.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…