cannot access website

profi 17:55 17 Jan 06

Windows XP Home, SP2
IE6, Firefox 1.5

I cannot access click here! Not via links in their email to me; not direct (using IE or Firefox); not via links from click here.

I assume the address is blocked somewhere, but I cannot find where.
There is nothing in my HOSTS file (c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/HOSTS). Windows Firewall is disabled. I also run Norton SystemWorks, Norton Internet Security, Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta 1, CounterSpy 1.5, BT Yahoo! Anti-Spy, Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2.0, and have looked in all the obvious places in them for blocked addresses but cannot find unitedairlines.co.uk. I access the internet via a wireless router, as does my wife's computer. Hers has no trouble accessing the site so the problem is somewhere on my PC. Has anyone any ideas where else I should look? TVM

profi 17:30 19 Jan 06

Bump

roi 17:32 20 Jan 06

Certainly sounds as if the site is on a blocked list. Might be worth contacting the support sites of the various programs you are using to discover if they have a file equivalent to "Hosts".

I have a distant memory of Norton blocking/unblocking links - something to do with sites not accepting links from 'hidden' sites. But it all boils down to a list somewhere. I'll see if I can 'smoke out' the memory!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…