Cannot access "Spotify"

Jeffersonrex 20:01 17 Apr 09

I cannot sign in to the fantastic free music site "Spotify" Everytime I try it states it cannot find an internet access or tells me to use a "proxy setting" Anyone any ideas how to do this.

Kaacee 20:08 17 Apr 09

I am using it with no problems, have you downloaded it properly, if so maybe uninstall and reinstall might help

iscanut2 20:46 17 Apr 09

Me too, just downloaded it with no problems. Try a reinstall as Gudlucker suggests.

Jeffersonrex 08:10 18 Apr 09

Thanks I will try later today. Will be back with the result

Jeffersonrex 18:06 19 Apr 09

Uninstalled and reinstalled "Spotify" but same problem. It suggests a firewalll may be blocking it. How do I fix that , anyone?.

iscanut2 20:01 19 Apr 09

What firewall are you using ?

tullie 21:40 19 Apr 09

Its not free is it,you pay to use the site?
Do you listen to the music through an Spotify application?
Can you burn tracks to disc?

mole44 06:56 20 Apr 09

it`s free to listen to with an advert every 30 minutes.think of it as a free radio station with music of your choice

Jeffersonrex 08:38 20 Apr 09

Spotify IS free or you can have the option of paying for upgrades. However, who wants to pay when you can programme your own selections in from your favourite artistes and sit back and listen all day long. I still can't seem to log on however. To the question of a firewall, as afr as i know it doesnt exist on my PC. All my safeguards are throu' prevx2 which would not block it.

iscanut2 10:06 20 Apr 09

What, no Firewall ???? What is prevx2 ?

iscanut2 19:16 20 Apr 09

Have just looked up prevx2..Malware protection ! I still think you need a firewall though although this does not help your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…