Cannot access a specific web site

grumpy-git 08:29 21 May 06

Had problems yesterday accessing 1and1 site, so posted in the forum to see if others could access it - they could, so the problem was at my end.

Problem eventually solved for me when I switched off, then back on, the Belkin ADSL Modem wireless G-router.

Unfortunately it was only solved for a few minutes, as I was unable to access that site again. Resetting the modem cured it again, but not for long.

All other web sites that I try seem to work, and I can send e-mails with Outlook Express.

What might be causing the problems that only affect one web site?

The strange part is my own web site hosted on 1and1 worked fine.

Must add that in the past there have been times when I could not access my web site when others could, so might it be the modem/router that is causing the problem?

I'll check back later for any replies.....

G-G

bosmere 08:49 21 May 06

grumpy-git - just accessed 1and1 OK.

MichelleC 09:15 21 May 06

Have a look in your 'host' file to see if it's on the banned list. (do a pc search for host and double-click).

VoG II 09:19 21 May 06

Or use HostsToggle click here

grumpy-git 09:35 21 May 06

Thanks for replies,

Just checked "hosts" & there is nothing there that seems as if it might cause a problem, just a single entry to "localhost".

But at the moment I can access 1and1 without a problem, maybe when the problem returns I should try again.

But is the problem more likely to be with the modem/router, as switching that off & on last night made access possible, if only for a short time?

G-G

grumpy-git 13:26 24 May 06

Had no problems since Sunday, so the "problem" seems to have gone away, so I will mark as "resolved".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…