Cannot access safe mode

TomG 19:34 08 Apr 04

I cannot get into safe mode. I press F8 and then select safe mode, a number of drivers (etc) show up on the screen and then the pc freezes.

I'm running win XP home with 1GB ram and a 1.8Ghz processer

Any suggestions?

skell 19:44 08 Apr 04

is the reason your trying to get into safe mode because the computer freezes? Why are you trying to get into safe mode do you have other problems? Why i ask is some systems use the ctrl key to enter safe mode rather than F8.

hugh-265156 19:51 08 Apr 04

if you cannot access safe mode then i think the only fix is to re install or repair windows.

click here

Wellpastit 20:34 08 Apr 04

Huggyg71 is right if you get as far as drivers loading for safe mode, the most likely is a driver is corrupt.
You can load a new windows over old without losing many files. but save anything in documents, desktop files, I.Explorer favourites, and your recent unsaved emails first.

TomG 18:50 09 Apr 04

Great thanks - i've just reinstalled it after a hard disk failure oh well nothing much else to do with my weekend off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…