Cannot access a particular website

khk1975 10:25 25 Oct 09

I have been unable to access a particular website since friday (click here). I have never previously had this problem

I know its not a problem with the site as I have accessed it on another computer and other friends are using it.

I have tried accessing using AOL, Chrome, Explorer and Firefox and it doesent seem to even recognise the fact I am trying to access it.

I have run 2 reputable online scans and I dont appear to have any virus or malware. I havent amended my settings so am know at my wits end!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:46 25 Oct 09

Site is down at the moment so a problem at their end not yours.

khk1975 10:50 25 Oct 09

Thanks Fruitbat,

am still a little concerned as a few of my friends got on the site yesterday but I couldent

Would there be any reason for this?. Sorry if I am being stupid.

birdface 11:17 25 Oct 09

Working ok at the moment.Try with your firewall turned off.

birdface 11:22 25 Oct 09

Or try .Run.Type in, cmd. command prompt will open.type in. ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.
a small gap between ipconfig and forward slash or it will not work,
It should tell you DNS cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.
Not connected through a wireless router are you as this has been known to cause problems.

khk1975 13:42 25 Oct 09

Thanks buteman

Tried turning the firewall off but no luck

Typed in the message on run but get the reply "the requested operation requires elevation"

Am using a Netgear router and never had previous problems...and it is only this site I cannot access!

User-1229748 13:54 25 Oct 09

try start-all programs-accessories and right click on command prompt and select run as administrator and you should be able to flush the dns.

khk1975 14:54 25 Oct 09

Sorry to be a pain but tried all these options and still no help!

I seem to be able to access every other website!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:02 25 Oct 09
  birdface 15:09 25 Oct 09

Try typing or copy and paste the Web address in the address bar and see if it is just down for you.

click here

khk1975 15:19 25 Oct 09

Thanks Fruitbat, but still timing out!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017