Cannot access a particular website

Recently I have been unable to access a particular website which I have used regularly. It is operated by a reputable international company with websites for the UK, USA and eight other major language countries. I can access all of these except the UK (co.uk)which is the one I need. It is a secure site. I can access all other secure sites which I use including banking. OS is XP Pro. I use IE6 with AOL9 broadband. I also use NIS 2003. The url is not blocked by me in NIS or AOL. Any ideas out there please? By the way, the site can be accessed on friends' computers. The company website helpdesk say it's an ISP problem but AOL say that because all other sites are accessible it is not their problem.

Cuddles 15:56 12 Sep 04

I would say it is an AOL problem, get in touch with them and ask for a proxy server address.

pj123 18:08 12 Sep 04

I am on AOL so give us a link to the website concerned and let's see if anyone else can access it.

Thanks pj123 but I've already found 6 others who can access it - it's only me having the problem. AOL take the view that if all other websites can be accessed the problem must be in my computer and not any fault of theirs.

pc moron 20:35 12 Sep 04

Can you access it if you turn the firewall off?

No - turning the firewall off makes no difference.

No - turning the firewall off makes no difference.

VoG II 22:59 12 Sep 04

Is the address of the site a secret?

Gaz 25 23:16 12 Sep 04

has anything to do with it?

Go to start > run > Type: HOSTS

Open this in Notepad when prompted.

Check the website is not listen in there.

The website is click here

The website is not listed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…