Cannot access network...

martjc 13:16 24 Apr 06

...I have a small home network which has worked fine until recently.
Someone trod on an unplugged RJ-45 plug and broke it. O.K. I thought, I'll replace the plug! After six attempts, all of which looked fine to me, the best i could get was 'limited or no connectivity' errors.
I replaced the whole cable. I now get 'Home [my network name] is not accesible - cannot find the network path.'
I have run the network setup wizard and got the same error.
Further, two of the machines can see each other o.k. and a third seems to have no access problems - to all machines! I am a novice, but would like to get this mess sorted out.

Please, someone help...please.

mgmcc 14:31 24 Apr 06

You don't say how the computers are networked - hub/switch/router? - and therefore how they are obtaining their IP addresses. If they are getting addresses automatically from a DHCP server (a router or Internet Connection Sharing "host'), it may be that the addresses have changed and any firewall software hasn't been changed to accommodate the different IP addresses.

You can also try entering the path to a particular computer directly into the address bar of the "My Network Places" window in the form \\computername

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…