Cannot access internet after turning computer on.

Drax. 20:37 24 Jul 08

I've built a new pc , and the motherboard asus p5k premium has wifi built in and I’m using a netgear wireless router . The problem is when I switch the power on the computer I have to manually connect to my netgear wireless connection . When I’m connected to the internet I have no problems just when I switch the computer off and back on . Any ideas what’s wrong ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:50 24 Jul 08

Doesn't sound like anything wrong

or do you mean you have to reinsert your router passkey etc.?

Drax. 21:05 24 Jul 08

Hi
When I use a laptop on my wireless connection the internet is always 'on' once I've put my wep key in and I don't have to search for my router like I'm doing now on my pc. I have to search for my router and connect but don't install the wep key because I done this the first time I connected.

MsTechie 21:22 24 Jul 08

Do you use Windows to manage your wireless connection or the software that comes with the built in wireless connector or both, if it is both managing it then it can sometimes conflict and force you to connect manually, I would first disable the wireless software and use Windows to manage my wireless connection then visa versa and see which is the best

DippyGirl 21:24 24 Jul 08

Have you set the wireless connection to automatically connect?

Drax. 06:47 26 Jul 08

I took MsTechie's advice , uninstalled the wireless software that was on the pc and downloaded just the wifi adapter from asus,seem's to have fixed my problem.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced