Cannot access Internet

Eoghan 28 Jan 13

I am using Win ZP SP3 and Internet Explorer 8, and I recently had to change the Wi-Fi card on my Dell Latitude CPx Laptop to a Netopia 3D Reach SWL-2300N card, and as a result I can no longer access the Internet or my Desktop PC. Everything always worked well with my previous card (a now defunct Belkin) and Device Manager confirms that the Netopia card is working properly. However when I attempt to start IE8 it tells me that it cannot display the webpage. When I click on the Netopia taskbar icon, a notification says “Not Connected. Right-click here for more options”. When I right-click it instantly identifies my network and asks me to click on “Connect”, then it tells me that Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. I am nearing despair – can anyone help me, please? Eoghan

lotvic 28 Jan 13

Duplicate thread, please stick to other one

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4205270/cannot-access-internet/

You can close this one by clicking on one of the big grey ticks at the right of a post and it will turn green. When page is refreshed the Thread will be marked 'Resolved'

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse tour

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message