Cannot access internet

alexjagal 23:57 PM 26 Nov 10

Hello experts,

I am running win7 on my laptop, there are two laptops in my home and if other laptop is turned off then my internet connection also goes off. I checked the router configuration and i think every thing is ok. When ever another laptop is turned on and as soon as that laptop connects to the internet then my laptop also connects to the internet. How should i sort this out, is this done by the ISP or user ? Can any one help ?

mgmcc 07:54 AM 27 Nov 10

Try this: With only the Windows 7 Laptop running, go into the Wireless Networks folder ("Control Panel > Network & Sharing Center" then click "Manage Wireless Networks" at the left) and delete the 'profile' for your wireless network. Now click the connections icon beside the clock in the System Tray, select the entry for your wireless network and 'Connect' to it.

If you're using third-party wireless software supplied with the wireless adapter, go into that instead and delete the entry for your network and then go through the procedure to 'Connect' to it again.

dawood 10:19 AM 27 Nov 10

Probably you already enabled Internet Connection sharing feature on laptop, check out this Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) article click here and see whether it's what you have set up.

If you are using wireless router, ICS feature should not be enabled. Check out this wireless network setup tutorial click here , hope can give you more ideas.

Hope this helps.

alexjagal 11:14 AM 27 Nov 10

Thanks guys,
The problem is now solved from the above advices. Thanks a lot again.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites