cannot access hotmail account

westgolf 09:20 29 Sep 08

I use MSN as my homepage & I have a number of hotmail email accounts.Around 6 days ago I found I was unable to access my usual MSN homepage - so created a new MSN homepage - which works fine. Since the problems began I have been unable to access one of the email accounts.All other accounts function fine.The address book & folders in the account that wont open are important to me & are not backed up - is there some way I can sort the problem ? Thanks.

Technotiger 10:06 29 Sep 08

Try a System Restore back to a week or so ago.

westgolf 13:12 29 Sep 08

Thanks for this.Have just restored to 3 days prior to problems & no difference. When I attempt to access the email account the system starts the process & then just hangs & finally displays the standard internet explorer page - web site unavailable etc with list of possible probs ? any more ideas please ?

Technotiger 14:21 29 Sep 08

Run click here in its default settings.

westgolf 09:32 30 Sep 08

Thanks for this , downloaded & ran the cc cleaner - no change !any more thoughts please , just the one hotmail account that wont load , !!

Technotiger 17:38 30 Sep 08

Without cancelling that one account, set it up again, just as you did to begin with. I know this works with Incredimail (using a hotmail address), so I guess there is a good chance it will work for you too.

westgolf 10:40 01 Oct 08

Sorted ! Thank you ! Best wishes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos