Cannot access Ebay

juedoc 21:23 PM 05 Dec 11

Can anyone help with a strange one. I have 3 computers in the house and I cannot access Ebay website, I get a message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. I dont have problems getting onto any other site.

Please advise

Thank you

northumbria61 21:33 PM 05 Dec 11

Try going to Tools - Internet Options - Privacy Tab - Sites - enter Ebay.co.uk in box and click on Allow - the click OK

juedoc 21:36 PM 05 Dec 11

Thank you I tried your suggestion but still no joy :-(

northumbria61 21:39 PM 05 Dec 11

Try clearing your Internet cache

juedoc 21:50 PM 05 Dec 11

Tried that too....but still no luck thank you for helping

juedoc 22:03 PM 05 Dec 11

all of them. I tried turning off the router to reboot it but that didnt work either

northumbria61 22:13 PM 05 Dec 11

Do you have another browser installed - ie: Firefox - if so can you connect to Ebay via that?

northumbria61 22:16 PM 05 Dec 11

The problem may be with your HOSTS file - try this -

Go to - C/windows/system32/etc/host (open with NOTEPAD) and delete that entire list of "blocked" sites.

Then try to access Ebay again from IE.

northumbria61 22:27 PM 05 Dec 11

Also - Go to IE-> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Trusted sites -> Sites and remove everything in trusted sites list.

It may be that one of your 3 has Ebay in as a trusted site and the other 2 not or something like that. Try making them all the same

northumbria61 17:23 PM 06 Dec 11

I really think it is down to an individual "cookie" being blocked if Ebay is the only site you can't access. I had this trouble a long time ago when I wasn't able to access Tesco website and when I contacted Tesco via phone I was advised to clear out all my "cookies" - worked immediately.

Muergo 20:36 PM 06 Dec 11

Go through another site, even if you are not collecting points, you can get to E-Bay through NECTAR, just bring up their site and click on the e-Bay symbol.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites