Cannot access Ebay

juedoc 05 Dec 11

Can anyone help with a strange one. I have 3 computers in the house and I cannot access Ebay website, I get a message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. I dont have problems getting onto any other site.

Please advise

Thank you

northumbria61 05 Dec 11

Try going to Tools - Internet Options - Privacy Tab - Sites - enter Ebay.co.uk in box and click on Allow - the click OK

juedoc 05 Dec 11

Thank you I tried your suggestion but still no joy :-(

northumbria61 05 Dec 11

Try clearing your Internet cache

juedoc 05 Dec 11

Tried that too....but still no luck thank you for helping

juedoc 05 Dec 11

all of them. I tried turning off the router to reboot it but that didnt work either

northumbria61 05 Dec 11

Do you have another browser installed - ie: Firefox - if so can you connect to Ebay via that?

northumbria61 05 Dec 11

The problem may be with your HOSTS file - try this -

Go to - C/windows/system32/etc/host (open with NOTEPAD) and delete that entire list of "blocked" sites.

Then try to access Ebay again from IE.

northumbria61 05 Dec 11

Also - Go to IE-> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Trusted sites -> Sites and remove everything in trusted sites list.

It may be that one of your 3 has Ebay in as a trusted site and the other 2 not or something like that. Try making them all the same

northumbria61 06 Dec 11

I really think it is down to an individual "cookie" being blocked if Ebay is the only site you can't access. I had this trouble a long time ago when I wasn't able to access Tesco website and when I contacted Tesco via phone I was advised to clear out all my "cookies" - worked immediately.

Muergo 06 Dec 11

Go through another site, even if you are not collecting points, you can get to E-Bay through NECTAR, just bring up their site and click on the e-Bay symbol.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message