cannot access coputer to remove bugs

nonowtatall 11:02 17 Jan 11

i cannot access my laptop to remove a bug that is stopping everything i try it keeps saying (file explorer.exe is infected
do you want to activate your anti virus software now then up pops anti virus scsn do you want to purchase full version also a box keeps popping up saying antivirus pro you have infections i have tried to put malwarebites in but it wont let me also it wont let me open any progs to find it and delete it what can i try

Clapton is God 11:20 17 Jan 11

System Restore to before this 'bug' appeared?

Then full AV and anti-malware scans.

robin_x 11:27 17 Jan 11

Avira boot rescue CD iso at

click here

Use an uninfected computer with CD burner to download and burn.

Your BIOS needs to check CD/DVD drive before booting from HDD (it normally does)

woodchip 11:30 17 Jan 11

Try starting in Safe Mode, it may let you run your Anti-Virus tapping F5 or 8 as computer is booting

Murielson 1 11:55 17 Jan 11

Sound like a problem I had with something called palladin a few months ago. Try searching site for Palladin as there was some useful info on the thread and may assist.

Murielson 1 11:56 17 Jan 11

Sorry - incorrect spelling. Search for Paladin

David4637 15:06 17 Jan 11

Could you please advise me whats on the Avira boot rescue CD iso disc (220MB). Thanks David

robin_x 15:26 17 Jan 11

Sorry I have never used it although I do use Avira.

That may be an old iso link.

Use the one on this page. The blurb only says it is a linux based thing.

click here

nonowtatall 16:54 17 Jan 11

clapton is god
computer wont let me access system restore or anything else

Terry Brown 17:01 17 Jan 11

Assuming you have created a system rescue CD, you need to open the BIOS on boot up to select the CD drive, not the default harddrive.

Terry

GaT7 17:22 17 Jan 11

You should be able to access System Restore from a Command prompt without booting into Windows.

See woodchip's suggestion. If you can get the boot options displayed, choose 'Safe Mode with Command Prompt'

When you get the Command Prompt you can access System Restore from there. More details at click here.

What OS are you using? G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5