Cannot access any ADOBE sites

brian-208224 14:35 30 Aug 05

Has anyone else had problems getting onto the Adobe website(s)?

Auto downloads of 7.0.1, 2 etc. download automatically, but I cannot read downloaded pdf files.

I am advised I need to 'Activate' Reader but every attempt to get onto the activation website (any adobe website) fails... this is stopping me from downloading e-books (paid for) from Amazon.co.uk

Do I have to change any settings in Adobe/ Internet Explorer?

Stuartli 14:53 30 Aug 05

This free and very neat pdf reader (small download) will help in the meantime:

click here

brian-208224 20:38 30 Aug 05

I downloaded the Foxit pdf reader you recommended... The 'blurb' sounds terrific - even better than Adobe reader 7.0!

However... Good news/Bad news!
Good news first. I used Firefox this evening, and accessed the Adobe website with out problem and was able to activate then download the files from Amazon.co.uk.

The bad news - I need the files at work and I might mot be able to read them on the computer at work, because the work computer is not activated...

More good news (?) I'm copying the Foxit pdf reader AND the files, to an USB memory stick and will report back if I AM then able to read my files at work. PS I'll be taking a copy of Firefox too, just in case!

Thanks again, Stuartli!! (or should it be Stuart)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…