Cannont connect to some websites

baggiegirl1970 08:29 02 Jul 08

Hi,

I've had a problem since last Thursday where I can get on some websites but not others. I have the same problem on both my desktop and laptop so am assuming it's a connection problem not a machine issue. It's driving me up the wall so any advise would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Vikki

ronalddonald 08:46 02 Jul 08

can you elabortate are using broadband, adsl, or dial up and what kind of equipment you have to get the connection.

It could be your firewall, it could be block ups are on etc. If you elabortae we members might be able to help resolve soon

baggiegirl1970 08:57 02 Jul 08

Hi Ronalddonald,

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't sure what information you would need so thought it best not to put any lol....

My isp is orange and I use a belkin router. My desktop (HP) is plugged into the router and my laptop (Toshiba) is wireless.

I use Firefox as my browser but also have the same prob with IE. I have downloaded the lastest version, cleared my temp files, cookies etc and still no joy. I have turned the router off and back on and also rebooted it from the menu.

I can get on some sites but not others that I use regulalry (national-lottery, and facebook to name 2).

I'm at work at the mo so not currently using my home connection so can't test anything until I get home later but would be grateful for some help.

cheers,

Vikki

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now