Cannon StarWriter files

Ionica 19:52 21 Jul 05

Is there any way I can convert my Cannon StarWriter 80 floppy disc files so that I can open them with word 97 with Windows 98.
regards

Frank

howard60 20:53 21 Jul 05

One model of the starwriter a later one did have an option to save files as text which could be input to word. If you still have the starwriter and it has this option this is your best chance of success. If not you have to try various progs to see if one can read the discs. This may help if your starwriter is still working. to open the files and save them in a suitable format. You can find how to do it on the canon website. Basically, CODE 1 to open the FILE menu. Press 8 to open the EXPORT screen. Type a name for the dos file. Press the down arrow to DOS Text File Type. Use right arrow to highlight Paragraph. Use Down arrow to Character code set. Press right arrow to highlight 850. Then save.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…