Cancelling Tiscali Account Issues

Press Man 13:58 24 Oct 07

Hi Guys,

Have recently changed from Tiscali to ADSL24, I am glad to say! I have contacted Tiscali to cancel BB service on the number given, also the customer billing & care line (lol), and requested confirmation of cancellation and any outstanding payments. I have also emailed the same request through the help line, all requests and phone calls were over a week ago. To date no response. To ensure that no more money is taken via the direct debit I am going to cancel it on Fri 26th Oct 07. Can I do this (legally), how can I speed up the resolution of what should be a straight forward exercise? Any thoughts or ideas are most welcome.
Thanks in advance.

johnnyrocker 14:01 24 Oct 07

i think you are in order stopping your s/o. i would think the fact that you are? up and running with a new isp ends the matter and you will receive a closing statement .

johnny.

Technotiger 14:02 24 Oct 07

Did you ask Tiscal for a MAC code - this is usually required by your new supplier. Your new supplier then does all the necessary work direct.

Technotiger 14:03 24 Oct 07

PS - Tiscali cannot refuse to give you a MAC code, I believe it is law!

Press Man 14:14 24 Oct 07

johnnyrocker,

I too think I am in order in stopping the directc debit, but is this action legal, would there be any "come back"?

Technotiger,

MAC code was sent with in the hour of requesting it, that was on the 28th Sept, so no prob there. Migrated on line to ADSL24 on the 7th Oct with the MAC code and was connected on the 15th Oct as I was told.

Technotiger 14:17 24 Oct 07

I too am pretty sure it is your legal right. I doubt very much whether there would be any come-back from Tiscali.

johnnyrocker 14:54 24 Oct 07

as you are using another isp your contract/liability with tiscali has ended.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos