Cancelling old passwords when logging in

exdragon 22:01 06 Dec 08

Hi - a little while ago there was a thread which said where you could look at passwords which you'd set up in various programmes but which were no longer relevant.

All I can remember was that it was on a security tab somewhere and you could delete the unwanted ones. It wasn't in SIW/Secrets.

Can someone jog my memory, please? Thanks.

woodchip 22:24 06 Dec 08

Go to Control Panel\Accounts and remove those you do not want

exdragon 23:09 06 Dec 08

Thanks, woodchip, but I don't have Accounts in Control Panel

exdragon 23:14 06 Dec 08

I'm off to bed now, just in case any more answers come in!

tullie 23:42 06 Dec 08

Dont worry about,this isent a live chat room,you must have a windows account,but its not windows account you need is it?

exdragon 08:15 07 Dec 08

I'm sorry - I'm not with you - somewhere, there's a dialogue box which lists the passwords/logins which you've previously used in various programmes.

The only reason I said I was off to bed was that I feel it's a bit discourteous to ask a question and then vanish!

rdave13 08:32 07 Dec 08

Will this freebie help? click here .I haven't used it though so can't recommend.

tullie 15:10 07 Dec 08

Of course its not discourteous,most people dont expect instant answers,and check a day or two later.

exdragon 15:50 07 Dec 08

Thanks,rdave13, but I've just found it!

It's in Tools>Options>Security>Saved Passwords, then you can delete any out of date ones. Problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…