Cancelling my current BT Broadband

raliy2k 13:45 04 Nov 09

Hi,

I want to know if there is any way that I can cancel my BT broadband. At the moment I am paying £26 per month for BT Business Broadband, and I feel I am being cheated. I don't use anything else other then the internet. O2 are selling the same package for little as £9.00. £26 a month is a lot to pay, especially for someone like me who has recently became redundant.

tullie 14:02 04 Nov 09

If you are still in contract i would say the only way to do it is to pay the balance,if you choose to cancel.

User-1229748 14:05 04 Nov 09

i think you'll need to look in your terms and conditions if you are still in contract.

GaT7 14:12 04 Nov 09

I used the 'Ask Emma' option at their Help pages click here & got this:

"To cancel your service/s, call our Customer Option Team on ....0800 328 6738 (for broadband)..... A cancellation charge may apply in some circumstances."

Hopefully you've come to the end of your contract, or charges will apply as tullie says.

When you join O2 (well recommended btw) do so via a cashback site to get it for even less. E.g. via TopCashback click here OR Quidco click here - you can earn cashback from only ONE site, so choose the better deal of the two. To be eligible, you will need to have registered with those sites & click their respective links. You need to enable all their Internet cookies as well. G

raliy2k 14:46 04 Nov 09

@Crossbow7

I just spoke to them after being on hold for 30 minutes. Now this contract I got back in September 2008 but because I moved premises in August, BT have renewed my contract for another 2 years so they say. To cancel my contract it would cost me over £300, and they don't take personal circumstances into consideration. They won't even downgrade my package unless I pay them £75. Either that or I have to wait further 6 months to downgrade for free. It looks like I am stuck with this aweful ISP.

GaT7 15:18 04 Nov 09

Oh no, that's not good :-(. Well, I guess a contract's a contract. A few years ago I lost £1000+ over a period of 2-3 years when I had to pay for a service (won't go into details) that I stopped using - was also out of work at the time. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac