Cancellation of a Disk Check

flycatcher1 19:31 PM 04 Mar 13

I have been trying to carry out a Disk Check on my Desk Top. All goes well, a message appears A Disk Check has been scheduled but then a further message appears - The Disk Check has been Cancelled.

Any ideas to fix would be appreciated.

northumbria61 20:25 PM 04 Mar 13

You don't mention which OS you have but take a look here enter link description here

northumbria61 20:27 PM 04 Mar 13

You haven't by any chance at anytime "disabled" it in your Windows Registry?

flycatcher1 22:36 PM 04 Mar 13

northumbria61 Thanks for your posts. I am a Win7 32 Bit. Years ago I was warned Never to touch the Registry - leave it to the experts I was told - so I do.

Will look at your suggestion in the morning.

flycatcher1 19:36 PM 06 Mar 13

Jock1e Thanks for idea made no difference but at least it made me given my ancient keyboard a good spring clean.

Northumbria61 The Registry is OK and I am still looking into your suggestions.

flycatcher1 10:40 AM 08 Mar 13

northumbria61 Your link provided the solution to my problem. I had to get a friend to carry out the process but all is well. Thank You your prompt help is much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…