Cancel tiscali

Tablet 20:11 25 Apr 05

Hi,
Please can anyone tell me how to cancel a tiscali account. It would appear tiscali purposely make it very difficult to cancel.

Regards
Tablet

Carpigiani 20:31 25 Apr 05

Unfortunately it could take some time.

I had a problem with Tiscali a couple of years ago & wanted to cancel an account.

Phoned them several times, wrote to them instructing them not to take any more money from my credit card.
That stopped them from taking any more money.
They owed me £48.00 which took them about 6 months to repay.

But they eventually did.

Their phone numbers are on their website.

Keep phoning & good luck.

Jackcoms 21:35 25 Apr 05

When you sign up to Tiscali, you sign up for 12 months.

If you have not completed that 12 months you are breaking the terms of your agreement with Tiscali by cancelling now.

However, if you have completed 12 months and pay by Direct Debit, simply cancel the Direct Debit at your bank.

If you pay by continuous credit card debit, you've got a problem. The credit card payments can only be stopped by you instructing Tiscali to stop. Theoretically, they can then drag their feet for as long as they wish before stopping payment claims on your card.

And the moral of the story? Be aware that you signed up for 12 months and always pay by Direct Debit NOT credit because, that way, you have more control over the payments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…