Can you use Firefox with Tiscali broadband?

Cybermaxx 17:23 23 Aug 05

Or do you HAVE to use their own browser? I am teetering on the edge of signing up with them, but if I can't use Firefox I won't bother. So, Tiscali subscribers, yes or no?

Completealias 18:06 23 Aug 05

Yes am on tiscali and posting this from firefox.

mattyc_92 18:06 23 Aug 05

You DON'T have to use your ISP's software (no matter who your ISP is)....

So, YES.... You can....

Cybermaxx 18:09 23 Aug 05

Danke. The Tiscali sales rep. didn't know anyway! Righto, here we go.

Completealias 20:46 23 Aug 05

Don't know if you've placed your order yet but havin just checked the tiscali webpage after lookin at another post there offering 2mb unlimited for the same price 17.99 a month. If you have placed your order you can always upgrade on there webpage if they didn't offer you this.

Cybermaxx 22:59 24 Aug 05

Er, where does it say that? It hasn't changed. It's still 2mb/15GB a month (which is more than enough btw!).

click here

Completealias 23:09 24 Aug 05

Yes I had a look yesterday in the early hrs and that offer isn't on the sign up page.But seeing as I'm already a customer I checked the upgrade my subscription page and was offered unlimited for the same price so I went for it.

Cybermaxx 23:19 24 Aug 05

Hmmm, I see what you mean.

"I am on a capped product, does the cap still apply?

We have removed the caps on all our packages except the £14.99 1meg (2GB cap). Customers can switch product at any time quickly and easily by visiting My Account on the Tiscali website.

This fair usage policy applies to all Tiscali Broadband packages excluding the 2GB Capped products."

So, when I get set up, I just change the details (for free) on My Account (if they haven't already changed them at start-up)? Okay. Cheers. No way I'll use more than 15GB a month though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…