Can you use a computer to make telephone calls?

Sapins 17:42 28 May 03

I read somewhere that you can make telephone calls from a computer, as I now have 120hrs. a month to use up (only 25€!)I would like to be able to do this. Anyone know how?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:51 28 May 03

Internet calls using your ISP (hence free) are only available in the States at the moment. You can your computer as a telephone but a) the calls are the same as an ordinary phone...and b) it is a pig to use, better off with a handset.

Stuartli 18:01 28 May 03

Have a look at:

click here?

which used to be known as BuddyPhone.

BuddyPhone could be linked with ICQ but I don't know about the latest version.

A search in google will no doubt bring up others such as, I think, one called Net2Phone.

Confab 18:01 28 May 03

Netmeeing will allow you to have a voice conversation with someone who also has Netmeeting installed. Not quite the same as a telephone call but its the closest you'll get at the moment.

woodchip 18:04 28 May 03

Simple answer is Yes, If you have software such as SuperVoice

Sapins 18:07 28 May 03

GANDALF <|:-)> , Stuartli, and Amber-Shortie thanks for your quick replies, I'm having a look at your link Stuartli and I have also found Net2phone on Google ( I thought I would get better advice from you guy's first!)Thanks again, if I am successful I will post another thread to give details.

Sapins 18:09 28 May 03

Forgot to mention, it seems you can use Net2phone from virtually anywhere to anywhere now.

Sapins 18:11 28 May 03

Blimey, didn't see you there woodchip, thanks for your imput. Not a "Chippy" are you?

woodchip 18:21 28 May 03

To your Question "I was" now past retirement, Net2Phone is a pay so much a month I think you will find for any whare in the world

Sapins 21:41 28 May 03

Snap woodchip. Iv'e checked Net2phone and it seems you have to "charge" your account but calls are per minute. I'm waiting for confirmation of my 120hrs a month deal then I will probably give it a try.

otubby1 22:57 28 May 03

Is there not some software called Bitware that lets you fone as well as fax from your computer, or is that just for faxing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…