Can you upgrade a freebie Prog?

geoff47 22:57 16 May 05

I posted this question in the Webdesign Forum,but have had no response(perhaps it was a bit incoherently put)
What I want to know is,can you upgrade a freebie program? It gets complicated now....read on.
I had a copy of NetObjects Fusion MX from PC Advisor,and downloaded a trial version of Version 8 which I believe over wrote the MX version.
I was going to buy the trial copy,but was wondering am I entitled to the Upgrade to MX at some saving.
I stupidly uninstalled the MX,thinking that I would get the option to repair the installation,but wham it just deleted (well I did ask to delete)
Any comments would be helpful.
Geoff47

Pesala 23:22 16 May 05

On the April CD of PC Advisor. Only £6 for back issues. NOF 8 is allegedly not too good. NOF 7 is fine. I upgraded from NOF MX with no problems so far and a several worthwhile improvements. Then you can upgrade to version 8 from version 7.

TomJerry 23:23 16 May 05
  Belatucadrus 23:28 16 May 05

click here was the page listed in the April issue for registration of Netobjects 7 or upgrade to 8 I don't think there's a PCA offer on MX. click here may be what you want.

geoff47 23:53 16 May 05

I shall start this from the beginning....briefly just to fill in the gaps.
I asked here for a website building program and was advised to get hold of MX from a back issue of PC Advisor which I did...got along fine with it.Loaned it to a young lad to play with and he hasn't returned it.But sought advice again how to upgrade my site to include a means of selling and was advised that NOF 8 had the facilities...so downloaded a trial version,which made the MX inoperable for some reason.I now have a trial version of NOF 8 and no MX (by the way NOF 8 is not allowing me to publish the site to see how it looks)
All I wanted was a Program that includes some sort of shopping cart.
I am no PC expert but can work my way through simple programs...was just hoping that I could upgrade from the freebie when my trial is over(if I can work out why its not publishing)
Sounds like I have to upgrade through the versions,or buy outright the best program for the job.
Unless of course someone can advise me otherwise.
Thanks for any advice.
Geoff47

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…