//some 3rd party need geo

Can you upgrade a Dell?

Can anyone tell me can you upgrade a dell machine?
E.g.Hard drives, graphic cards and the rest.
At work techie man says they use there own mob and hardware built for them?
is this true all help appeciated

Gaz 25 15:46 05 Jun 03

The mobos, are specially designed to meet the spec that Dell want, most things can be updraged if you find out what your motherboard supports.

sizzler 16:04 05 Jun 03

most dell pcs can be upgraded IE memory graphic card hard drive and sound card etc there are extra expansion slots on the motherboard for these items the ony thing you will struggle with will be the cpu please tell me what model you have IE GX1 or OPTIPLEX etc.

willie45 16:06 05 Jun 03

I've upgraded my Dell HDD despite being told by a Dell reseller I had to use Dell supplied drives. I followed this up and was told by every drive manufacturer and supplier that any drive was compatable as long as the bios supported the capacity. Dell can tell you how much storage space your machine will take.

As far as cards are concerned Dell will also be able to tell you if you can upgrade your graphics card in AGP or whether you can only use PCI.

Its the same for Dell as any pc and Dell are quite helpful in supplying you with information from their tech support. Just dont buy any upgrades from them because they cost a huge amount more than from elsehwere. You dont get any advantage in buying from Dell.

thanks
willie 45
well sizzler about to buy one this is the
model and price

Dell Dimension 8300 3.0GHz

PRICE: £1,299
£1,526 inc VAT
E-Value code 200-D52REV
what do you think
good buy?
all help... thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…