Can you tell me how to copy Video to PC to DVD

vaughan007 21:04 19 Nov 03

Hello everyone,

I wish to copy some old VCR tapes on to DVD using my DVD writer (to save space basically).

I understand that I require a PCI card to be able to do this.

Can anyone please tell me which card I require?

Cretin07 21:11 19 Nov 03

not sure. i think a capture card should do the trick. or maybe some tv cards. best to ask the pros.

vaughan007 21:15 19 Nov 03

sounds familiar...anyone know for sure???

Joe McG 21:24 19 Nov 03

if you wanted too, you could upgrade your graphics card to one that has video-in.

Quiller. 21:56 19 Nov 03

Some thing like the "win TV go" pci card should do the trick.

click here

Prices are about

click here

This should give you the opportunity to capture your old VCR tapes and have the software to encode them to a DVD format.Be careful and research the card, do a google search. Some of these cards do get very high ratings and some get very poor ones.

Khalid Saumtally 22:18 19 Nov 03

A capture card works fine but I use ATI Radeon 9000 pro which has built in TV. It works very well but it's a long process.

keenan 22:59 19 Nov 03

This should meet your needs click here

Rabi 00:52 20 Nov 03

Does it make a difference whether movies are PAL or NTSC?
I travel around the world, and have tapes made on NTSC (USA System) and PAL (UK System). Can I convert all to disc on one PC, or do I need to use a USA card for NTSC and a UK card for PAL movies?

Chegs ® 01:32 20 Nov 03

I have just purchased a "Mercury" TV Tuner card(£25)It has several types of video input connecters,and the software allows video recording in several formats (mpeg-1/mpeg-2/AVI/DVD/SVCD/VCD)allowing me to simply pop a tape into the video recorder,set it off and setup the TV card software to burn straight to DVD/cd,etc.

I had been using a Pinnacle TV card,but it meant I had to render the files it created thru other apps,before I could burn to disc.This meant it took upto 24 hours of puter running to get the file from vid to pc to disc.

vaughan007 02:33 20 Nov 03

Thank you for all your help...I now know what sort of thing I require!

Many thanks!

lightfeet 07:07 20 Nov 03

See my threads 1) Analogue Video Editing. 2) Pinnacle Moviebox. I found the responses very helpful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…