Can you still get Polaroid 35mm film?

pj123 16:57 29 Jul 06

I've tried Googling but no positive results so far.

ade.h 17:00 29 Jul 06

It's not listed on click here, so I it's probably discontinued.

Fingees 17:02 29 Jul 06

I dont believe they ever made 35mm

All the polaroid I used has always been of a viewable print size.

ade.h 17:12 29 Jul 06

I may be wrong, but I believe that it was produced for the puposes of test shots, just as you would with medium and large format studio work.

Stuartli 17:17 29 Jul 06

Are you thinking of 35mm Polaroid cameras? See:

click here

Polaroid's name was taken over by a far Eastern company (I think the name was Concord or Concorde); however you couldn't use such a camera in the form that most people associate a Polaroid's use.

Stuartli 17:18 29 Jul 06

I've found the Concord website:

click here

Stuartli 17:21 29 Jul 06

I notice that Concord also produces products under the Jenoptik brand name - a very famous East German optical company for many years.

Ironically a few years ago Jenoptik's digital cameras were actually rebadged Milton Optical Company of Taiwan models...:-)

What's more, the comparatively few Milton brand digital cameras sold in the UK were cheaper than the Jenoptik's equivalents.

pj123 17:32 29 Jul 06

Well, a long time ago I used to use Polaroid 35mm slide film. I bought a "Polaroid 35mm Darkroom in a box" Auto Processor unit which processed the film. You then cut and mounted the slides, all done instantly. I now want to sell the processing unit on eBay but if the 35mm film is not available anymore there doesn't seem to be any point. But see: click here

This is the unit I have.

Legolas 18:13 29 Jul 06

Have a look here
click here
click here
dont really know what your looking for so forgive me if this is no use

Legolas 18:16 29 Jul 06

Ater looking at the unit you have I found this
click here

Hope this helps

Stuartli 18:29 29 Jul 06

This is a description of a similar product:

click here

Its description includes:

"The ProPalette 7000 also supports a wide variety of positive and negative 35mm films with custom film tables, including E6, C-41 and Polaroid instant 35mm films. Polaroid instant film -- which you image, develop and mount onto slides right all at your desk in minutes -- is the ideal medium for proofing your slide images and for making last-minute changes to your presentation."

However, it looks as though the digital camera boom brought an end to these type of products.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5