can you run more than one spyware at the same time

dranrebtims 22:20 07 Jun 07

Is it possible to have more than 1 spyware tool loaded onto PC at same time?
Will they clash?
I have PC Tools SPYWARE DOCTORE and am considering adding another program to see if SD is missing somethings. Can I do this?

Strawballs 22:22 07 Jun 07

I have adaware se, spyware blaster, AVG antispyware and spybot search and destroy without problem.

Totally-braindead 22:27 07 Jun 07

Yes you can but I wouldn't personally have more than one antispyware program on my PC that runs all the time.
Ones that work only when selected include AVG antispyware, Spybot, and Adaware. You can add these to anything as they don't run all the time just when you want to scan or update them.

sunny staines 22:32 07 Jun 07

only scan with one at a time.
but have several installed adaware, spybot s&d, spywareblaster,avg , superantispyware and A2.

also worth thinking about iobit adv windows care as it blocks a lot of spyware.

johnnyrocker 23:31 07 Jun 07

also windows care 2 might be of use.

johnny.

Stuartli 23:50 07 Jun 07

Windows Care doesn't seem to have too many accolades in the reviews I've seen.

I use Avast! (AV), SpywareBlaster, S and D, Ad-Aware plus SUPERAntiSpyware and rarely have any problems. If I do Avast! normally nips it in the bud immediately.

But they are all updated on a regular daily basis check.

Snec 03:01 08 Jun 07

Why do you say only scan with one at a time?

p;3 04:19 08 Jun 07

when you run any scan it is helpful to let that ONE scan run on its own to do the job properly and thoroughly

I have at least 5 protection programs on here BUT when scanning I run each separately to let them get on with their job; also update daily

also only have ONE installed ANTIVIRUS program as more than one is a NO NO , and daily updates too

Snec 21:43 08 Jun 07

Yes, only one AV at a time but spyware/adware is a different kettle of fish. It is perfectly in order to run (say) a-squared, adaware, superantispyware, spybot s&d etc at the same time. One will not interfere with another.

p;3 21:47 08 Jun 07

I have a-squared, adaware, superantispyware, spybot s&d and more on here BUT I will only run ONE at a time to allow them individually to do their job properly and thoroughly; do you think it 'saves time' to run them concurrently then?

sunny staines 21:59 08 Jun 07

i alternate the scans between different programs on different days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos