Can you run 2 messenger profiles at the same time?

j3nks 11:38 25 Apr 04

Does anyone know if it is possible to have more than 1 messenger profile logged in at once? Are there any programs that facilitate this?

jon2 11:54 25 Apr 04

yes you can if you meen yahoo and msn for instance

j3nks 12:03 25 Apr 04

No I have more than 1 MSN messenger profile and would like to be able to run them logged in at the same time

keith-236785 12:08 25 Apr 04

No, (at least i dont think so), whenever i have tried it says something like you are already signed into MSN Messenger as *************, if you continue, you will be signed out.

However you can be signed into msn messenger and check a different account via the web site (hotmail)

If you have two computers on a network sharing one internet connection, each one can be signed in at the same time.

powerless 12:09 25 Apr 04

click here

There is something on this site from memory that allows you to do just what you want.

;-)) Take a look as i'm off to watch the F1!! ;-))

Stuartli 16:12 25 Apr 04

I used to have two ICQ conversations running at a time without any problems, but was pointed in the direction of the free version of Trillian, which will cope with virtually all messenger services.

It's well worth installing.

See:

click here

and

click here

NGE 17:52 25 Apr 04

Yes you can. If you have windows messenger and msn messenger, they will both run independently. So log msn in first with one profile, then log the other in with the other profile. It works fine.

NGE 17:53 25 Apr 04

paperman 27, bet you had auto login? That happened to me with autologin but if you click the other option log in as diff user while your other one is running it will work.

j3nks 20:27 25 Apr 04

Thanks Powerless and Stuartli 2 different solutions to the same problem
Sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…