Can you rip the audio off a dvd???

Fred the flour grader 12:25 26 Sep 05

Hi guys, I have had a look in the search section under MP3 to see if I can rip the audio track off a DVD.

I have a live concert on DVD and I would like to rip the audio only off it to play in the car or on my mp3 player.

I am using win98se so can't use wmp10.
I am aware of the copywrite issues involved here but it is only for my personal use.

Any help appreciatted....regards Fred;-)

MAJ 12:41 26 Sep 05
  pj123 12:45 26 Sep 05

Can't see any for free but try this one: click here

or: click here

Or this one has a free trial: click here

Plenty more if you type rip dvd into Google.

Fred the flour grader 14:30 26 Sep 05

thanks guys, that's the sort of stuff I am looking for would prefer a free one though. As download is going to cost £19.00 might as well see if I can buy the cd.
I would of thought this would of been really common as you can get free cd rippers all over the place.

I may try recording it on to the hard drive using my sound card and a cable from the dvd player.

GaT7 14:35 26 Sep 05

DVD Decrypter is free click here. How to Rip DVDs using it click here.

You can also use the free Audacity click here to record 'what you hear' & convert the recordings to MP3 (you'll need the free Lame MP3 encoder click here). Audacity: Recording Tips click here, FAQs: click here. G

GaT7 14:40 26 Sep 05

I'm sorry, ignore DVD Decrypter - it's not for audio, is it?! G

JYPX 00:15 27 Sep 05

Just to do the one disc, all you need is a fully functional free trial. The first and last items in pj123's list are your best bet.

rubella 01:04 27 Sep 05

I'd strip the .wav file out with VirtualDub. You could convert to mp3, Ogg, or whatever from there.

click here

rubella 01:09 27 Sep 05

For the recoding, although Audacity is very good, I find this better for simple tasks: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…