Can you retain talktalk email address

the old man 12:50 27 Jan 10

I am cancelling talktalk broadband as of Saturday due to house move. Not taking it with me to new address. Does anyone know if I will be able to carry on using my email address for a few months. I have not used Sky broadband for about 18 months now and still get emails to old sky email address. I have just tried talktalk customer service and they could not give me a definitive answer. "If you can log in then your email address is working. If not you can't." Mmmm, thanks for that.

GaT7 13:04 27 Jan 10

If you don't get a definitive answer here, I would suggest posting the same in the official TalkTalk forum click here. G

Clapton is God 14:24 27 Jan 10

Look at this logically.

If you stop paying subscription fees to TalkTalk why should they provide you with an e-mail address and free web space/e-mail storage?

That's why there's free e-mail address providers such as Google and Hotmail

ashdav 14:31 27 Jan 10

As TalkTalk use AOL email and AOL will let anyone set up an account with them I don't see you having any problem.
I used to be with AOL as an isp up to 3yrs ago and my email still works.

GaT7 14:36 27 Jan 10

"If you stop paying subscription fees to TalkTalk why should they provide you with an e-mail address and free web space/e-mail storage?"

Well, as the old man said:

"I have not used Sky broadband for about 18 months now and still get emails to old sky email address."

My experience is similar, having left 3 ISPs in the past, but carry on using their email addresses for free. One of them is Tiscali (now taken over by TalkTalk of course), but I haven't paid either a penny for the last 4-5 years.

A few other ISPs dropped their email access when I left them.

So it does differ from one ISP to another. G

KremmenUK 15:09 27 Jan 10

Pipex/Tiscali zapped my 3 email addy's when I left.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5