can you restrict access to control panel?

Superstylin 11:23 31 May 07

hi, i only have one user account on my laptop that is, i assume the administrator one. am i able to restrict access to the control panel within it? i realise could probably set up antoher user account without administrator privileges but it's not really what i want. the problem is i have a flatmate who uses my laptop as well as their other half, who seems to have a penchant for messing about in control panel. i could ask them not to but i don't trust that they wouldn't, and i don't want to give them a user account because they're likely to think it gives them licence to download all kinds of junk, since it's their account!

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:27 31 May 07

Put a BIOS password on the computer so that they cannot use it.click here You can then chin them for using your equipment without your permission. They need to know about respecting personal possessions.

G

Superstylin 13:12 31 May 07

as much as i'd love to not let them into the laptop at all, they share the broadband bill so have to have access for the net. i don't mind them using the net in the slightest but i'd rather they didn't faff with the system!

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:27 31 May 07

Ok, put a password on your account and then create an account for them.

G

Technotiger 13:40 31 May 07

Hi, among other things, this software restricts access to Control Panel ...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…