Can you refil laser printer toner cartridges

WhiteTruckMan 19:39 07 Oct 07

like you can an inkjet cartridge?

WTM

Technotiger 19:50 07 Oct 07

Yes, you can. Just Google for it.

woodchip 19:56 07 Oct 07

Take the toner drum out and look for a plastic plug, just remove it and put toner in. You should do this with as little light as you can manage. Do not fill to the top. Only about two thirds

WhiteTruckMan 21:50 07 Oct 07

sometimes I miss something so plainly obvious that I think its time to shut me away in a dimmed room away from loud noises and bright lights where someone occasionally comes along to wipe the drool off my chin and feed me something pureed. (Hope Brumas or Bingalau dont see this thread!)

On a brighter note, my printer is dead easy, being a samsung ml 1510, it has a ready made bung for refilling. Doesnt need it at the moment and I have a spare cart as well, but nice to know. The printer I have been looking at is a HP laserjet 3600dn, nice piece of tackle but too expensive for my tastes (its not mine, belongs to someone I know who foolishly bought without checking the running costs)

WTM

€dstowe 22:09 07 Oct 07

Easy to do but, be careful and keep out of draughts while you do it - or change your name to Sooty.

woodchip 15:09 08 Oct 07

What ever you do, if you get some toner on you, DO NOT TRY WASHING IT off with HOT Water it will make the toner Fast. Use Cold Water and soap

spuds 15:40 08 Oct 07

I have a Samsung ML-4500, which on occasions appears to be low on 'dust particles'. A little shake of the toner cartridge sometimes solves the problem ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…