Can you recommend video editing software?

stugra 17:12 11 Dec 07

I have bought a new camcorder - but don't kmow much about it! It is a Sony HDC-SD5 high definition one which records onto SDHC memory cards in the format AVCHD movie clips - I believe.

Can anyone recommend a good but affordable editing software that I can use for basic tasks that are needed to just produce a home movie? The camera comes with a 15 day trial of Pinnacle Studio Plus but I have seen that this is quite an expensive piece of kit (probably quite technical too) and in reviews it doesn't come that recommended as it is unstable.

I am a complete novice so any help is appreciated.

eedcam 18:18 11 Dec 07

Why dont you try pinnacle I think you'll find it is not straight forward finding many editors that can handle that format. I think you mught have taken on a challenge with that format have alook through thes queries about AVCHD and its problems
click here

Technotiger 18:45 11 Dec 07

Pinnacle is quite easy to use - but if you are using XP, why not give Windows Movie Maker a go, pretty basic but should give you a start.

stugra 18:51 11 Dec 07

I am using Vista and was considering Ulead VideoStudio 11 Plus as that says it can handle AVCHD?

I used to use Ulead v5.0 for an old MiniDV camcorder some time ago - it didn't seem to be too bad to use.

Does anyone have any experience with Ulead 11?

Thanks all.

eedcam 18:54 11 Dec 07

Techno doubt if moviemaker will handle avchd few of the big names do successfully

Technotiger 19:20 11 Dec 07

Hi, yeah realised afterwards, but I was thinking only of an Introduction to video editing for a complete novice - did not know it was for Vista though.

Bagsey 09:10 12 Dec 07

Post this query on
click here
you should get a lot of help there

eedcam 09:34 12 Dec 07

Techno I almost did the the same till I checked on AVHCD seems its another case of the software not keeping up with the Hardware. Not the best choice of format for a Novice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac