Can you recommend a good font viewer?

adam32 17:10 08 Oct 10

Can anyone recommend a good font viewer that they know to be reliable?

I have tried a few free apps (including Font Xplorer and others whose names I've forgotten), but none of them displayed all of my installed fonts, or those that are currently stored elsewhere and not installed. I'm not sure why they didn't cope well: it didn't seem to be down to the formats because the viewers that claimed to support all formats did manage to show some of each type.

I don't mind opting for paid software if it does what I need.

Woolwell 17:40 08 Oct 10

Serif Font Manager - not sure if it is the best at the job and a bit pricey unless you can find an older version click here

adam32 17:49 08 Oct 10

Thanks, Woolwell. I wouldn't say that it's too pricey, being comparable with others that I've seen. No trial available, though, so I could waste my money if it's not as brilliant as Serif claims. Is your experience with it positive?

Woolwell 17:53 08 Oct 10

I rarely use it but it seems to show all of my fonts. Serif do normally offer a 28 day trial period and longer sometimes if you ask. But be prepared to be rung again with them trying to sell their other products.

ps I got it free with another of Serif's products.

cocteau48 17:53 08 Oct 10

Have you tried this:click here

john bunyan 17:54 08 Oct 10

I can look at the windows fonts via Start/ All Programmes / Accessories / System Tools / Character Map. I assume you have other fonts? I think my Photoshop has some too .

adam32 17:58 08 Oct 10

Thanks, Woolwell.

cocteau48: No, I haven't seen that before, but it looks a little bit too basic for my needs.

adam32 17:59 08 Oct 10

john bunyan: I need something much more capable than the Windows font folder!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…