Can you recommend cheap hosting ~ 5mb?

mac_gyver 13:41 16 Nov 04

Hi, I'm looking for a company which provides low cost hosting. I want less than 5mb and its only for serving HTML so I don't need any special features. I do need to have something where I can redirect a domain name via DNS rather than web forwarding.

Cheers

Mac

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:49 16 Nov 04

for £20 per year at click here

Gaz 25 01:42 18 Nov 04

its only 500MB of disk space, not 6gig, the bandwidth transfer limit is 6Gb though.

Gaz 25 01:43 18 Nov 04

not 500mb... seems a waste of money for such a small site.

I would look at your ISP for free hosting, they may have some provided - though on occasion it isn't advert free and won't support DNS.

Taran 02:25 18 Nov 04

Ignoring any arguments about spave v bandwidth, barryoneoff.co.uk's suggestion for Web-Mania click here remains a very valid solution and is worth considering seriously.

For a tiny outlay (£20) they offer a remarkably well specified hosting account with a pretty intuitive control panel. Their help and support is also good.

Whether any bells and whistles are required now or not, having them available in the event that you may choose to use them is better than not having them available at all or, even worse, finding that you have to pay through the nose and/or even move to a new host in the event that you do need some of the more advanced functions of a web account.

With PHP, a MySQL database, FrontPage Server Extensions and your own CGI bin (among other things) as well as loads of space and bandwidth, it has to be worth £20 of anybody's money.

You might also consider Web Attention click here who also offer very well specified accounts for low outlay.

ISP's who offer free webspace will not support any DNS manipulation and your domain name will be along the lines of www. name-of-ISP .com /~your-user-name/

Hardly an inspiring address is it ?

gell 12:16 19 Nov 04

Try KDF Internet.I've had no problems whatsoever
Gell

mac_gyver 13:15 19 Nov 04

Thanks for all you responses.

After having a look around a the different options you suggested I have bitten the bullet and set up a reseller account. I now have 1500mb of space which I can assign in whatever sizes I want. The account is with Magicomm click here and is definitely worth a look as its very cheap ($90).

Thanks again

Mac

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…