Can you password protect a folder ???

Jason-284828 15:51 12 Nov 03

I'm moving home soon and know that my brother will want to use my laptop to play CM4, which I don't mind. The thing is I have a folder which has documents, files etc that I don't want him to see. Is it possiable to password protect the folder so if he tries to look in it through either explorer or when trying to open them through a program he is asked for a password ??

The O/S is XP Home.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:56 12 Nov 03

could try this free trial click here

pcwhizz 15:56 12 Nov 03

TRY THIS

click here

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:57 12 Nov 03

Or this 1 click here

Daedrus 16:14 12 Nov 03

Are you setting him up with his own user account on your system? If so you can encrypt your My Documents directory so that no one can read through it except for your userID. To do this, open Windows Explorer and right click on your My Documents folder. Select properties and go to the sharing tab. There is a checkbox that says make this folder private.

rawprawn 16:40 12 Nov 03

Hide Folders XP is brilliant, besides being password protected you can't even see them so your brother would not even know they are there click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…