can you make ?????? on your own web site

holligan 17:47 08 Sep 03

Forum Editor 19:50 08 Sep 03

of making a pile of money from a website. I don't know why, because there's really nothing to say that you should have any more chance of doing it on a website than in any other area of commerce.

Nobody is going to pay you to advertise on your site unless you can show audited traffic statistics, and good ones at that. Auditing a site's traffic involves a third-party company doing a traffic analysis over a period of time - a month at least. Then you'll have a rating to show potential advertisers. Don't even think about it unless you are getting many thousands of page requests a month.

If you're selling something you'll be in competition with thousands of others, all in the same business as you, and all pitching to the same market. The Internet is a hard place in which to trade - site vistors can afford to be picky, and can look at dozens of competitors in the space of a couple of hours, all from the comfort of their chair.

Concentrate on developing something that gets a lot of traffic (which is very difficult to do anyway) and then think about advertisers.

holligan 20:04 08 Sep 03

i will stay skint

phil 20:31 08 Sep 03

I use DealGroup Media on my Harriers-Online site, click here

The site gets 1000 hits per week and nobody ever clicks through even though I try to use ad's that should attract some attention; William Hill, Boystuff and Internet Cameras Direct.

It's an absolute waste of time and I only carry on with it because I can mix in ads for local companies etc.

I've tried using out and out betting sites like Blue Square and that didn't pay either.

Nobody is prepared to pay website owners a bean, and that includes magazines too. I occasionally write for When Saturday Comes and 4-4-2 but they've never paid me anything. They just think I'm happy to see my name in print??

Gaz 25 18:57 09 Sep 03

I clicked some of your ads, I feel sorry fo you.

thing is nobody likes ads, My add blocker blocked a few of them on phils site.

If there was a money maker from sites, we would all just do that for a living.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…