Can you install Win Xp on more than one computer

TCTOPCAT 19:12 23 Aug 04

i have Win ME currently

A family member brought Xp and installed it. Before i buy another copy i heard it cant be done but is this true

Is there any way i can install the same copy on two computers

powerless 19:15 23 Aug 04

Nope.

€dstowe 20:29 23 Aug 04

You can install them but after thirty days, one of them will have to be sacrificed as you can only activate one copy per product key.

(Note - you cannot kid MS about this. The activation procedure "knows" the machine it's activating.)

ventanas 21:57 23 Aug 04

Of course you can install XP onto two computers. Just buy two copies.

pcwhizz 22:12 23 Aug 04

i wish i cud use just one copy for 2 pcs's!

best thing is get an OEM addition from ebuyer its not such a blow to ur wallet at round £58

click here

i believe ebuyer also do a oem version with service pack 2 built in. but its like in demand so stock is no where to be seen.

The difference in price is because u get no support. u have to fone microsoft through a toll number. But hey if anythin goes wrong with windows its always reversible and all of us on PCA forum are happy to help so id go with OEM verison!

woodchip 22:16 23 Aug 04

You can but it is illegal

pcwhizz 22:22 23 Aug 04

click here

soz ebuyer do have xp with built in sp2 in stock.

its not illegal if u buy it when i build my own system is it! when i buy all my self built pc components oem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…