can you help?? dvd writer probs....please!!!!!!

BWFCHORWICH 09:34 13 Jul 04

i've just started to burn some non-copyright dvd. i have found it very slow. my system is only p3 800mz with 320mb ramIts been taking me over an hr to burn a 3gb dvd (FROM DVD original non copyrite ā€“ hard drive ā€“ bland dvdr. my burner is a pioneer 106 which i believe burns at 4x.

last night i had a look at my dvdrw. i had been writing disks at MAXIMUM speed. i changed it to write at 4x, i got a message saying that it was only able to write at 1x. it was something to do with data transfer. Iā€™m sure i have all latest drivers and firmware.
anyone know what i can do to get it writing at 4x?
could it be a new hard drive i need? (currently have 40gb hdd, not sure of speed etc of it)
could it be that the dvdrw is set as a secondary drive and it should be a primary (do know if this is true, anyone know how i would change it over?)
The dvdrw is the only drive I use on my pc. I do have a cd rom drive in the higher slot of my pc that is not connected.

Can anyone help?

SirGalahad2004 10:59 13 Jul 04

copy movie files to hard drive folder using dvd decrypter click here= then use dvd shrink click here= then burn to disc

BWFCHORWICH 13:27 13 Jul 04

the dvd is a non-copyrite cd that doesnt need to be shrunk.

SirGalahad2004 13:34 13 Jul 04

what drive are you using ?

SirGalahad2004 13:39 13 Jul 04

sorry missed that bit . lol

i use the pioneer 106d

best way is to rip dvd to hard drive . reencode using dvd shrink the n burn to disc . may seem a round about way of doing it but works best for me

SirGalahad2004 13:40 13 Jul 04

the writibg drive will only rip at 2 speed

Confab 13:47 13 Jul 04

What speed are the DVD's that you are buring to?

SirGalahad2004 13:51 13 Jul 04

i use Ritek-r G04 4x

SirGalahad2004 13:56 13 Jul 04

try this link click here
and try out the the trial version

Confab 14:02 13 Jul 04

It might be a good idea to check what prog BWFCHORWICH is using to burn his/her dvd's first and also what brand of dvd's he's/'she's using. The software you reccomend may be good but can cost up to $80. It may just be that the brand of dvd's are 1X and he/she need to buy another brand.

SirGalahad2004 14:06 13 Jul 04

good point ... but dvddecrypter and dvdshrink are both freeware and available to download ... and dvdfab can be used on a trail basis .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…