Can you have two versions

iqs 14:20 19 May 07

of Microsoft Office installed on the same PC?.My PC came installed with a vary basic Microsoft works,I would like to install Microsoft Office 2003 pro.Can both work side by side?.Cheers all :-)

yep no problem at all for those 2 ,works isnt office though so its not 2 copies

iqs 18:34 19 May 07

*THE RAVEN* for your help.Cheers

Daveboy 21:41 19 May 07

I would only install one instance of any one programme, say Word, Office would be the one to stick with.

skeletal 22:25 19 May 07

Yes you can, I have done just this myself in the past. Three things you should be aware of:

If you save a file using the new version, you may not be able to open it, or it may have some feature disabled, if you open it in the old version. You can overcome this if you save in the old file format, when using the new version (but you will get a warning that some features will disappear).

If you write code in the VBA editor, you may get a similar problem, but with the added complication of not necessarily having the correct versions of Office set up in the References. If you don’t write code then this need not concern you.

Access can get its knickers in a twist if you set up digital signatures and try to work on a database (and underlying code) and swap between Office versions. You can suddenly find you can no longer edit your code.

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…