Can you guys Help/advise me on an upgrade?

HiiiPower 12:58 15 Jun 14

I have a toshiba satellite a500-1co

click here

and i am thinkin about "Upgrading" the laptop just as a hobby nothing serious , and because i love this laptop happy , so i am thinking about upgrading Ram to 8 GB and maybe a SSD , now my main question is can you tell me if i can upgrade my GPU too? if so which one i can/should get , and about the SSD is it doable? if so which SSD should i get? oh one more thing how about a CPU upgrade throw at me your best ideas :)

Thanks . HiiiPower .

HiiiPower 13:38 15 Jun 14

well i have a TB external drive so size of the ssd is not an issue i just want to make the system a bit more faster and smooth so i am thinking about half of my current HDD which is 500GB so the SSD i am thinking about is a 256GB , about the CPU i am just thinkin of overclockin it from 2.1 ghz to 2.5 , but my main concern is the GPU even if i can step it a noch swapping it with a newer one that would be great , leaving the GPU issue if i do these "Modifications" to the RAM SSD and CPU will i feel any difference in speed?

HiiiPower 14:14 15 Jun 14

yess i am asking for everyone's opinion :D thanks anyway i think will go with SSD and RAM

Ian in Northampton 16:16 15 Jun 14

I don't think you mentioned what operating system you're using - but if it's not a 64-bit OS, you won't see any benefit from upgrading the RAM.

As others have said: upgrading your GPU is likely to be out of the question - and overclocking will give you little in terms of improved performance, and could lead to system instability.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now