can you copy from memory stick to memory stick

dranrebtims 08:02 08 Jul 07

is it possible to copy files from one memeory stick to another memory stick ?
I wish to copy files across from one which will not let me store on it to another which is working fine.

using xp

€dstowe 08:04 08 Jul 07

Copy the files to a folder in My Documents and then copy this back to the other memory stick.

rawprawn 08:04 08 Jul 07

I think the best way would be to save the files to your Hard Drive first, and then copy them to the other Flash drive.

dranrebtims 08:32 08 Jul 07

pardon my ignorance but how do you copy them. Can I copy all files at once or do I need to do them individually?

ICF 09:02 08 Jul 07

Yes all at once.Just drag and drop them into a new folder on your desktop.Then the same in reverse on to the new memory stick.

Taff™ 10:16 08 Jul 07

I frequently copy direct from one USB stick to another without any problems. Much the same as I copy from one External USB drive to another.

Stuartli 10:27 08 Jul 07

To elaborate on Taff™ point, note each stick's drive letter, then drag and drop the file(s) into the other drive letter.

If it's a block of files highlight the first one, move your cursor to the last file, press the Shift key, click on the mouse's left button and it will highlight them all.

You can then drag and drop all the files (i.e. copy) at once into the other drive's drive letter.

thms 10:39 08 Jul 07

To copy all files click on edit then select all.
Go back to edit click on copy. Open drive or folder you want to copy to and select edit then paste. Job done.

Taff™ 11:00 08 Jul 07

To elaborate on Stuartli`s point - Hold down the CTRL key and click on individual files, then right click one of the selected files and choose "Send To" and select the other USB stick`s drive letter.;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…