can you connect a PC to hifi?

mighty_mondo 18:41 23 Nov 05

do any of you know if its possible to connect your pc to your hi fi to get better sound when playing music??

what would you need???

Daveboy 19:00 23 Nov 05

You need a cable from your pc spkr outlet to your line in/aux on Hifi-with the required plug at each end.

dogbreath1 19:26 23 Nov 05

click here

This is more expensive than Daveboy's method. But you mentioned that you wanted to enhance music quality. The Xitel cable has it's own DAC mid way which enables it to take digital data direct from your hard drive (i.e. bypasses your PC's (often crappy) sound card) and forwards it to your hifi as a high quality analogue signal.

I've used one for ages in conjunction with a Denon sound system and it's really good.

It does need configuing carefully but the advice which accompanies the product is pdg.

All of your other PC sounds then emanate from your sound system and it doesn't prevent you from using a Skype headset.

Excellent.

mighty_mondo 17:18 25 Nov 05

thanks for your help, where would i get an xitel cable??

Chegs ®™ 17:29 25 Nov 05
  mighty_mondo 17:46 25 Nov 05

that solves all my problems, thanks

Ivor_Monkey 17:57 25 Nov 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…