Can you check out this Course for me

Nickmil 18:51 14 Jun 05

Hi all, im new to this forum, i am thinking of doing extra IT education, and want to be sure that i am picking the right course. The course is run by the link i pasted below, and it is the IT professional course, can you tell me if it is good value for money and also what the current job market is like for IT jobs in the Republic of Ireland or where can i find out this information. I dont want to spend all this money on the course if it is not going to help me change my career.

thank you for your help

nick

ps here is the link click here

woodchip 19:09 14 Jun 05

Look's Comprehensive But No price. This should be displayed without downloading info. What’s stopping them putting it on another Page

Joe R 19:20 14 Jun 05

Nickmil,

just registered my e-mail address with them for a price guide, but all I received was a large brochure advertising virtually all of their services.

Joe R 19:22 14 Jun 05

Aah now received a link.

click here

woodchip 19:24 14 Jun 05

After looking at the Link I see why they did not make it easy to find

Djohn 20:02 14 Jun 05

You will find that learndirect, [Government backed] will offer most of these courses at a vastly reduced price, some are even free depending on your financial circumstances.

I have done several courses with them vie broadband in the comfort of my home at any time of day or night that suites me. Learndirect do courses from beginners right through to professional level where you will sit the exam at your nearest university. click here

harps1h 20:18 14 Jun 05

i decided to go back to school to do an hnc in computing part time. it will train in computer platforms, multimedia (director mx) hci and database. all that was in the first year. next year i will be doing networking, systems analysis and other modules. as a bonus our tutor is going to put us through mos frre of charge. this cost me £202 per year plus a one off registration fee to edxel our examining body. it was a lot of hard work and many hours away from a social life and weekends, but i thoroughly enjoyed it and i miss it as now i have to talk to the wife. she keeeps telling that the 10 and 14 are my children but i don't recognise them

harps :-)

harps1h 20:19 14 Jun 05

*free

amonra 20:41 14 Jun 05

Go with Djohn, that's the best route. Beware of a lot of these "We will teach you everything" courses, they want your money. Your local Tech or college will be delighted to advise.

The GnoMe 08:13 15 Jun 05

hope this helps mate use these guys advice, they really do know what they are talking about, well most of them anyway ha ha ha ha only joking.

See ya later

Ryan

recap 08:39 15 Jun 05

Looking over the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator MCSA 2000 course content and time scale of the course, I cannot see how you will learn enough for each element to pass an exam. These exams are multi-option questions and, with out prior hands-on experience, are very hard to take.

As for the price, there are other alternative as Djohn has pointed out. Take some time to look at all the options available before commiting yourself to this particular training provider.

Here are a couple of sites you might like to look over for some networking practice exams and information: click here click here click here

Good Luck in your choice of course.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…