can you be to protected?

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 13:54 25 Jan 03

I currently run ME on freeserve b/b I have got Zonealarm installed as a firewall, AVG (updated every day) Ad-aware and spyblaster to catch/detect,and yet still things manage to install themselves on my comp. am i being to paranoid? what other protection can be used

-pops- 13:55 25 Jan 03

What things are installing themselves?

Brian

obbit 13:57 25 Jan 03

Hi Theonewhowatchesoveryou..........if you're detecting them as they arrive....... click here

the more the better

regards

obbit

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 14:01 25 Jan 03

Obbit,

love the video!!

Pops
the latest one was called Gator, and i also found a program called Xupitor toolbarloader lurking in my programmes files, no idea what it was but Zonealarm asked me if it could have access to the internet, it's now deleted

obbit 14:02 25 Jan 03

Hi folks.............been using this click here it has a very good popup blocker which r used to deliver spyware. you can open as many pages as you like if u allow multiple instances of crazybrowser.

regards

obbit

obbit 14:03 25 Jan 03

Theonewhowatchesoveryou.........have you updated all your protecting progs?

obbit

-pops- 14:05 25 Jan 03

Thos things you mention should be stopped by Spywareblaster. Make sure it's up to date and note there is a new version just issued. You may wish to install Spybot S&D as well.

Don't become too involved in looking these things out at the expense of doing anything useful on your machine!;-))

Brian

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 14:08 25 Jan 03

obbit,
ad-aware is not due to be updated until next month, spywareblaster is upto date.

Pops

how many of these things can you have installed??? it will get to the point where my hard drive is full of protection programms and nowwhere to load the really usefull things like games!!! LOL

obbit 14:11 25 Jan 03

Hi folks..............160gig hard drive big enough............ :)

obbit

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 14:15 25 Jan 03

Obbit,

Funny that a lot of girls say the same thing!!

-pops- 14:22 25 Jan 03

Someone asked the other day when it will be that the protection programs in your computer is bigger than useful ones.

I've got AVG, Outpost firewall, Spywareblaster, Spywareguard, AdAware (out of date), Spybot S&D, Startpage Guard, RegistryProt. That should be enough but I'm pretty sure tomorrow will bring something else!

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…