Can you access iCloud backup from a PC and view the iCloud messages?

Corrinla-2230493 08:36 17 Dec 14

I just upgraded from an iPhone 4s to an iPhone 6. I backed up my 4s and restore the data from iCloud on my new iPhone. But I don't know why it didn't bring back my messages? I guess restore from the iCloud should get my messages from my 4s to my 6? I have sold my old iPhone, but now I want my messages, is there any way I can access iCloud backup, and view the iCloud messages? I searched on the Internet and got three methods to access iCloud backup, but only the third one allows me to check the iCloud messages.

Method 1. Access iCloud Backup via a Web Browser

1. Open you browser, and navigate to www.icloud.com.
  2. Log in iCloud with your Apple ID.
  3. Now you can view all your iCloud backups.

Method 2. Access iCloud Backup via iCloud Control Panel

1. Download and install iCloud Control Panel on your PC.
  2. Launch iCloud on your PC, and sign in using your Apple ID.
  3. You will see the window as followed, now you can access your iCloud backup.

Method 3. Access iCloud Backup and View Text Messages via an iCloud Backup Extractor

Yes, Apple iCloud service won’t allow users to view the messages on iCloud, so we will need an iPhone content manage tool to make it. Install AnyTrans on the computer, connect your iPhone to it > Click iCloud > Sign in with Apple ID >Choose a backup and select Messages to view the iCloud Messages.

Resource from: click here you have more options to view text messages on iCloud?

Do

northumbria61 10:58 17 Dec 14

This link should give you all the information you require including a video Recover, transfer, old data etc

Nancy15 01:59 04 Feb 15

Hey. You can also use this tool to view the messages from your iCloud backup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…