//some 3rd party need geo

Can this XP Pro installation be corrected

Quiet Life 16:23 12 Apr 06

Because of a hard drive failure I had Window XP Pro running on partition H. A program would not instal with out a C drive so I created a tiny one. I had a big problem with Norton 2005 and so decided to delete it and in the process deleted two Windows files. Windows would not then boot so I installed Windows on another partition and in the process Windows on drive H was corrected and I now had a dual boot system.
Windows and all the programs on Drive H were working well but I decided to use Partition Magic to change the drive letter to C, having previously deleted the small drive C, and formatted the partition with the second Windows on it.
Partition Magic said it would reboot and change any drive references but when it booted Partition Magic came up first and was frozen with some missing file reference. Windows would no longer boot and I reinstalled it again on an other partition F.
The original Windows and all my programs are now on the drive changed to C drive and the system is back to dual boot.
The problem is Windows on C drive starts to boot goes into a blue screen and after a while Logging Off comes up followed again after a while by Loading your Personal Settings then Saving Your settings in a non stop loop.
As I am able to change any files in Windows in C drive is there any files that I could try replacing to get this system working again or am I looking at a clean reinstall. Help appreciated.

Marsh Warden © ™ 16:37 12 Apr 06

I would respectfully suggest the easiest and quickest way to a trouble free install would be to format C:\ and re-install there.

SANTOS7 16:54 12 Apr 06

I would agree, if you have the option to save all important data/files, a clean install would be best,
then create new partitions as necassary.
There seems to be too much going on that may cause conflict,good luck......

Quiet Life 13:41 13 Apr 06

Thanks did as advised and it turned out quicker than I thought. Ditched Norton 2005 and will be more careful with Partition Magic in future.

rawprawn 17:48 13 Apr 06

Tick as resolved, saves me looking. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…