Can of Worms

Indigo 1 09:13 09 Feb 04

For those who might be interested in getting rid of spam read this click here

I take no responsibility for it's content.

Jester2K 09:30 09 Feb 04

I think some valid (if a bit strong) points...

stlucia 12:46 09 Feb 04

I like his style, but is he serious? He's lambasting stupid users who open .exe email attachments, but he's advocating regular software updates as a solution. Or am I missing something?

Jester2K 12:49 09 Feb 04

Why would regular software updates as a solution be a problem?

xplogos 12:55 09 Feb 04

This is a bit of an extreme view - he seems to forget completely that the last major Virus attack was the MSBlast worm that wasn't really the fault of the end user.

Yes, before you say it I know that there was a patch out before it was released, but the real point is that this sort of major vulnerability should not have been present in the first place.

Users don't want to have to spend hours learning how to do things, and what to avoid. Pc's are supposed to make people's lives easier, not give them a whole load of new stuff to learn.

I was going to ask if this guy had shares in Microsoft, but looking down the list of responses on the site I see all I need to know...

JamesB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…